Hi all and thanks for visiting my first b-to-the-log! I'm still finishing up the State-side portion of medical school at Boston University (geriatrics, for the next couple days) but, since I feel awfully senioritis-sy I thought I'd start my online journal as if I'm already in Africa. I'm feeling very inbetweenish this month and expect to keep feeling this through the end of February when I finish my radiology rotation and can turn my energy towards Lesotho, knowing there's nothing else before graduation.
In the interim, please check out my friend Robin's blog at http://robinleboha.blogspot.com/ for a sense of where I'll be going on March 18th.
Also, here is the link to the BU Department of Family Medicine's site about their involvement in Lesotho: http://www.bu.edu/familymed/globalhealth/lesotho/index.html and a video about their projects: http://www.bu.edu/today/world/2008/10/02/conquering-lesotho-s-health-care-crisis
Nan, don't be scared! You don't have to click on those links (but if you do nothing bad will happen!). Just keep checking back at this same address to see if I've added journal entries. I won't add much until I actually go in 6 weeks.
Love to you all!
xo, liz
1 comment:
Don't forget to pack your anti-leprosy nose guard. Olympia Sports had some last week, but all they had left were hot pink with sparkles.
Trip of a lifetime!
xoxoxo,
Alake
Post a Comment