Tuesday, May 28, 2013

We are not really going to Peru.

We like to think of ourselves as fun-loving and adventurous but we are not really leaving our 1-month-old baby to go to Peru next month.  Clearly I didn't make my irony apparent and now I fear there are horrified readers out there picturing us leaving our child to fulfill a spontaneous travel dream.  My only point was: we have a lot of milk in the freezer.

OK, in new business:

Elliott filed Fiona's nails while she slept and it went great.  She hasn't scratched her face in 36 hours.  


Fiona found her thumb several times in a row.  We're hugely proud.



Don't worry, of safety-conscious readership, she doesn't sleep with bunched blanket by her head, but she does hang out on beautiful, hand-made blankets (Thanks, Joanne!) in her heirloom bassinet once graced by Elliott's mom, his big brother, and Elliott himself.  These days we mostly don't put her down unless we're all sleeping but, if we're all eating or nursing aching arms, we roll her around in this and keep her close at hand.  



Super cozy on the dining room table.  


Oh, a weight update:  She clocked in at 5# 7.6 oz today!  

Here's Dennis flexing his grandpa muscles. 



xo, liz

1 comment:

Matty L said...

Aw, now what am I gonna do with the mommy-shaped boppy I just bought? ;P