Monday, December 9, 2013

See you soon, Grammy!

Big changes are afoot here on Union St.  Grammy is RIGHT NOW packing up her computer and heading east bound for her dog in Wisconsin at Aunt Diane and Uncle Henry's house and then home, in Ithaca, NY.  We'll see her in a month and a half when we move but this is going to be a huge change not seeing her most days.  

Fiona has been such an immensely lucky kiddo to have in-house Grammy daycare this whole time I've been back at work.  Now that fellowship is over I'm working quite sporadically throughout December and January, filling in a few shifts at some community health centers (locums work), so we won't need childcare until NY.  

This little red hat was Elliott's.  If it's possible, I think it accentuates her cheeks.  

OK, guys, let's try this is F.  

Wrestling with Uncle Matt under the tree.

Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-laaaa.

Grammy broke out the snowsuit for a walk.  Notice her feet have room to grow. 

Coziest stroller ride. 

We all got sick this week, well not Fiona or Jen.  On Friday I was NOT in a gastrointestinal spot that supported my love of oysters.   But Elliott and my mom were so they headed up to Westward for a few dozen and a beer.  


Rather chilly and happy. 

My ever-thoughtful father sent me an article on the history of the spork which I read outloud to Elliott as fast as I could, hoping to finish it before the article was destroyed.  

Sunday we were all finally feeling good and we all slept in. 

A hearty breakfast of carrot, cereal, and milk was well-attended with applause for open-mouthed spoon diving.  Breakfast is a vigorous meal.  

Well, we're really sad to see Grammy go.  In happy news, my dad is flying out TODAY to spend a week with us.  It's gonna be 40 and rainy all week so we should have a lot of good time to talk and watch Fiona eat... 

No comments: