Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sorry, we packed the bath toys.

It started with just a few boxes.

Then we paused for a Mum-mum...

...and now we can hardly reach the baby. 

It's all going on a very long trip tomorrow but, in the mean time, there's fun to be had.  I am NOT referring to sleeping on the air mattress for the next 4 nights nor to saying goodbye to dear friends BUT Fiona learned how to hand drum and has been trying it out on all the packing boxes.  

Saturday we rang in the new house (theirs, not ours, though we did finally close on our Ithaca pad!) with Nancy and Matt and a beloved group of pork grillers and rye sippers.  

What a lucky little girl to get all this love.

But not lucky enough for Dos Equis.

We're lucky girls too.  Goodness. 

The next day she got lots more love. 

and mesmerizing butt patting

from the paws of the incomparable Duncan Goulding.  

We look a lot more relaxed here than I felt during that game.

After the stuff packers left this morning and while Elliott was installing pigeon spikes and fixing the motion light outside, Tintin took a bath.

I don't know why we have bath toys, anyhow.  One word: "Plastics".   She likes tupperware so much she opened the kitchen cupboard for the first time tonight and pulled some out.  

Happy Dr. King Day, all you loving lovies.  

1 comment:

Ross, Kerry, Saia, and Emma! said...

Oh man, I'm ready to know that baby. I love you. Days away.