Walking, running, climbing stairs... it all came together this week and it's really fun!
My mom had given her finger paints and we hadn't tried them yet so I figured Fathers' Day was a good time for the experiment. I stripped her down to a disposable diaper and plopped her on some taped-down packing paper (still have lots of that...). As you can see the concept just started to dawn on her. I think what we ended up with was a visual rendering of her struggle against what she perceived as a pointless mess but I didn't spell it out that way for my dad and Elliott who received her "first artistic gift" with grace and gratitude.
Looks pretty fun here, right?
Elliott was hocking meat Sunday (no metaphor there) so we girls went out to Aurora a few hours before he did and showed off our walking and throwing skills,
tickled some ivories,
tickled some ivories,
hung out on car hoods with Uncle Nick,
and pointed at things for a while.
We ate some amazing local New York Strip (thanks again, Piggery) and loved each other up.
What a crew.
Next party: Saturday we get to host Haven's 2nd birthday party and see our beloved old Ithacan friends KP and Tobias visiting from Seattle. We have 2 weeks to convince them to move here...




No comments:
Post a Comment