Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Huron City!!!!

I'm not sure what to say about these photos except that I'm grateful for this place, my people, and this girl's wide-eyed happiness. 







Coco, don't jump!



Eliza is encouraging Fiona's self-righting capabilities and ushering her away from poison ivy.

We set a family record: 1.5 miles in 82 minutes with this little vagabond breaking trail.

(The goose egg is from standing up in the red wagon and taking a diving header onto the tennis court.  Oops.)  
This kid's a trooper. 

Half way in we made friends with the help at the Big House.  
He wasn't very talkative.  
Great posture, though. 

We made it home in time for dinner on the eating porch at the Brook Cottage where Grammy had fried up some grouper and drizzled heirloom tomatoes from Empkie's in oil and vinegar.  
While the rest of us socialized Batman finished her book (Thanks to Anna for the recommendation!).

What a crew!

We wound down with a little noodle slaying with the cousins.  


Never fear!  Ainsley recovered in time to walk Fiona along the beach. 
Every noodle knight needs a trusty big cousin and Golden Guardian.  

As I carried Fiona home for tubby and bed I came upon these scheming super heroes plotting tomorrow's exploits.


No comments: