Thursday, October 9, 2014

Brooklyn buddies, blustery lakeside playground, school preview, and a couple monkeys.

Holy cow, what a busy few weeks!  Working extra days, a quick trip to Brooklyn, everyone on the compound getting sick...  I'm totally wiped but, then again, this is the absolute best.  And, assuming I feel ok in the morning, only one day of work stands between me and a 3-day weekend so I ain't complaining.  

Fiona and I took a 40-hour trip down to Brooklyn this past weekend to meet Carmen Stewart Wolfe, the newest family addition to our dear friends Katie, Noel, and Tate.  I hadn't seen Tate since our wedding 2 years ago, hadn't met Anna and Louis' newest little dude, Finneas, and nobody had met Fiona yet.  Katie, Anna, and I played rugby together at Princeton and their two families live under a mile from each other.  So we bopped back and forth easily for meals, naps, playground trips, and coffee.
It felt great to right these terrible wrongs.  

These two (that's Tate) were fast friends and got right down to the business of playing with cars, pumpkins, dogs, and crayons.  


Fiona and Finn bound for the playground.

Fiona did very little napping for these 2 days so often looked like this.
And she fell on her head even more than usual.  

Amara had more energy.

Two extra mommies and a giant hedgehog?!  Awesome. 

Katie, Tate, and almost-4-week-old Carmen.

Floor buds.

We brought down some itty-bitty Fiona clothes including this sweet little sweater my mom made.

Bubbles and snacks in the front yard.



One excellent sleeper and one (mostly) excellent gentle baby-petter.  

Fiona, Theo, and Amara snuggling up Sunday morning.

 Anna providing for 4 children while I watch.

When we got back we decided to enroll Fiona in her toddler Montessori class on her 18mo birthday (6 ishweeks from now) and she got to go up to school and join her fellow Willow Room classmates for picture day.  Hah!  Picture day!

She hung out with Kristin, the school director, played on the playground (that my family helped build when I was a 4yo student at its former location on Dey St), and generally checked the joint out. 

 We're really excited for her, since she seems so ready for a regular, social, parentless environment.  She'll only go 3 mornings a week so none of us will collapse from withdrawal. 



It's been totally gorgeous early fall weather here lately and the 3 of us went up to Taughannock on Monday and soaked it in. 



Katy Mayer sent us Gus and Everett's monkey suit and the girl couldn't get enough of it.  

Love these goofs.

Thanks for the pics, Nick.

No comments: