Saturday, December 27, 2014

Merry Christmas #1!

Christmas with Grammy is tomorrow so this holiday is most certainly not yet over but what a start we had on the Day Itself!

We woke up at home and did a couple presents.  Fiona was RAWther interested in this big one so got to open a wooden dollhouse.  

Then we loaded up our stuff and headed up the lake to Aurora to Grandpa Rick and CB and Uncle Nick's house.

"I don't think I understand you.  NOTHING in this box is for me?"

By the end of the morning Fiona was in the full swing of things, wearing bows, watching present opening, drinking egg nog, and tearing paper.  It was entirely clear to us that we should open one of her presents every week for half a year instead of loading them on in a day.  I think it blew her mind. 

An elephant wrestling session cleared everyone's minds. 

She thought Uncle Nick putting his snowboard bindings on was pretty fascinating.  

This is not a reflection on her character.  She was absolutely wonderful to be with all day. 

We had a relaxed and loving day filled with generosity and locally raised meat.
Everyone was pretty spent by the end of the day.

Since I was working on Boxing Day we headed home to sleep.
Here's a mundane but endearing clip from Christmas Eve lunch.



No comments: