Monday, May 18, 2015

Two years!!

I didn't even realize the extent to which I miss these dear friends (and their wives not pictured).  We drove up to Vermont to Matt's family home and met dear Evelyn, swam with frogs and salamanders, caught up, plotted to fix the healthcare system, and sat around enjoying each other again.  If fixing the healthcare system involves more driving in the third trimester I'll count myself out.  But the trip was ENTIRELY worth it.  


Preparing to wash Evy's toes.  

Discussing current events with Cinda.

Catching the Lake Champlain ferry on the way home.

We pulled over about 27 times so I could stretch and Mary took a turn driving towards the end but we made it home!

Her first day back to school after this mini-reunion resulted in the following Montessori Daily Toddler Report Card:
I guess we swear more with this crew :)

"I'm blooming!"

"Stretching with Mommy."
Pic courtesy of Uncle Nick.

We rented our house out for Ithaca College reunions so spent the weekend with Grandpa Rick, Grandma CB, and Uncle Nick in Aurora, just up the lake.  Fiona and I played at the Peachtown playground Saturday between stints of watching huge horses pull Wells grads around in Stagecoaches.  Cool.
Here she is in "Uncle Nick's truck" at his old school. 



Oh my gosh, it's so fun to have a 2-year-old!
My mom hosted our vaguely animal-themed party on Sunday and Fiona totally GOT IT that all these wonderful people were together to have a good time and celebrate HER.  
(Pic courtesy of Kerry)

Pensive hot birthday wolf. 

Happily changed into her gorgeous party dress from Grandma CB.

Talking over the habits of garden gnomes with Pop.

Look at that glowing little face.  Good lord, I love her.  

Going in for the cake before the candles are out. 


Did I mention how much fun we're having parenting?  We got to spend our morning doing this!

Elliott thinks that little animal below the elephant is a flea.  

Presents and friends in the hot sun.



Cooling off in the dirt with her new garden accoutrements.

When the guests left she collapsed. 

And stayed collapsed. 

And relaxed some more. 

A girl after my own heart, these days.
And here's a reminder of how I'd like to spend the next 9 weeks of gestation:

I'm having really rotten back pain that has kept me from having any semblance of reasonable sleep for the past few weeks.  As a result I've become pretty darn dysfunctional at work and have had a few scary moments of realizing I shouldn't be commuting to or from Ovid.  I'm not yet sure of the details but I'll be scaling way back at work for the rest of the pregnancy and trying to nap frequently, exercise gently, and parent kindly as my main life goals for the next couple months.  

No comments: