The Germans are here! The Germans are here!
Just sayin'...
They're really nice.
So we're off to Swaziland in the morning, an 8-ish-hour drive. The border into Swazi closes at 10pm so we should get there with time to spare.
I'm hoping to see hippos, zebras, and giraffes (no elephants, Gretchen) and I'm hoping to rent a decent mountain bike for a self-tour of the wildlife park. I don't think hippos eat girls on bikes, so that's a load off.
Thanks to everyone for birthday wishes. I had a really nice and relaxed night with Joe and the Germans (which Kelly thinks makes a good band name), watched _All About My Mother_, and fell into deeeeep sleeeep.
We started our new work-out routine this morning. I went for a run with the gorgeous backdrop of mountains backed by pink sunrise sky, and Joe went to the very tiny gym. I'm not even gonna describe it until I have pictures. He may get his picture posted on the wall of fame in record time.
This day at the hospital amused me to no end and I'm not sure what combination of pre-Easter good moods, post-birthday goofiness, feeling like I'm getting the hang of things, and general odd personality is responsible but I don't care. MORE LATER!
xo, liz
7 comments:
Your mother is certain that hippos eat girls on bikes, women on bikes, bikes on girls. Positive. King Mswati II wrote me explicitly about this hippo issue:
“While it is true that in Africa the hippo is responsible for more human deaths annually, worldwide it is the crocodile that is responsible for more human deaths annually.”
“CROCODILES CAN JUMP TWO METERS. PLEASE STAND BACK FROM THE RAILING.”
Swazi basketry: http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/2447423.html: wow
Are you going to Mlilwane NP?
Wherever. Have a grand trip!
Hi Liz,
So much fun, but in your giddiness remeber to stay away from crocodiles, and to be really safe stay away from all rivers. Videos of wildlife are even safer. Donkeys are relatively safe if you don't ride them. So have a great week-end!
Gretchen
Joe and the Germans! the next post-punk, new wave, electro-dub sensation to rock both coasts!
xoxo
keep up the good work.
Do you think hippos get mad if you try to rubgy-tackle them?
Joanne
Tonight we dyed Easter eggs. Claire decorated her basket and placed the four best eggs inside. We decided to leave the Easter Bunny a note. I asked Claire if the Easter Bunny might write back. She said, "No, bunnies don't have disposable digits."
Marco?
polo. excuse ME for taking a break! paparazzi...
Post a Comment