Monday, May 11, 2009

A photo upload from Jo'burg Airport

The compulsory ("ary"?) zebra crossing shot.
My crew on the bridge across the Olifants River -- the only place we could dismount outside a picnic area.
A very tall and handsome fellow.
A few Kruger pics and, if there's time to upload before boarding, a Basotho hat photo or three...


Except for, and perhaps a little bit because of, thirty minutes of the singing professions of love from a certain member of LeBoHA who shall remain unnamed, my departure from Moshoeshoe was nothing short of beautiful. That airport is so relaxed that, when I got through "security" and found myself in a waiting room unattended, I walked out to the prop plane and started chatting with the nice South Africa pilot before she kindly suggested I go back to wait in the queue. Oops. The sun was dipping under the clouds as we took off and for twenty minutes I could see the firey red disc through peepholes of pink puffiness. The flight is only an hour and a little and we landed easily in Jo'burg, hopped the bus to the main terminal, and now I'm waiting with what may be my last Windhoek lager for a long while.

No comments: