These goofballs are some of my co-interns.
I got up at 5:00 by mistake, which was pretty dumb. Today is a "weekend day" at the hospital for the 4th of July holiday so I need to be there at 7: pretty cush. So, here we are, a week into being a real, live doctor, and I'm feeling much less like a useless fraud than I thought I would. The sun's still low and beautiful, the coffee is tasty but ineffective against the sleep debt and circadian confusion I've acquired this past week, and my new mattress is super cozy. But after one more long day I get both weekend days off - my one golden weekend this month. This learning curve is exhaustingly steep and I'm managing to enjoy it by not thinking more than a few hours ahead. Sometimes it's best to keep it to fifteen minutes if I'm feeling overwhelmed.
I'm posting this morning, not because I have the energy for funny stories or even mundane descriptions, but because, having started, continuing will be easier. And I miss writing about life.
1 comment:
I'm so so glad to see hope fulfilled, that you'll continue your writing adventures/blog in Seattle. DO this, do this !!! The FB pictures are so fine, we want meditations and stories as well.
Post a Comment