Things are staying cute around here. I'll argue they're getting cuter. The more chub she gets the snugglier she is. We're closing in on 10 pounds, folks.
She's been really figuring out the hands this past week. Here are some things she has enjoyed grabbing and batting:
Glasses from my face while on the changing table.
This friendly and krinkly turtle from Chris and Gretchen. Volunteer Park wading pool in the background.
Picnic table chic entertainment farm. This set-up can be particularly over-stimulating but is intensely fun for short bouts.
She's been going crazy with the turtle and with Reycroft the Tactile Crab. Here's a video:
Here's one of her after I put her down for a nap in the crib. It didn't work at all because she was too distracted by the mobile I made. The Pacific Northwest felt creatures are just too darned captivating. She's a forest child at heart. So she'll keep napping in the bassinet until she can learn to ignore visual stimuli. Maybe that's a 4-month skill.
Elliott and I have found a nice new measure of freedom by propping Fiona up in the jogging stroller. I'm sure this is against medical advice but sometimes parental health trumps medical advice. The nice wide path at Seward Park is great. Her head actually looks darned stable through the peek-in sunroof.
I bundled her up more for the second run since it was a little chilly. She doesn't know it, but this will get even funner later. For now it's a soothing place for a nap.
Yesterday Fiona and I hung out at Greenlake and played in the grass. We've been practicing sitting with minimal support.
And then flopping in the grass to recuperate.
After a little visit to the Latona to help celebrate the pub's 26th birthday, we went over to KP and Tobias and Haven's to hang out and have dinner. They gave us these amazing Peruvian gifts: a knit hat and a thick, thick, soft, warm alpaca hide. She loves them. Homie loves alpacas.
'Sup.
Today was rough. Though it was better than anticipating it last night as I sobbed into her sour-milk-intoxicating-newborn-scalp as I nursed her as if it were the last time, grieving the end of her childhood. I woke up this morning realizing she would still be an infant who can't keep her head off the floor for a full second when I got home and I started back to work. I even managed to run, learn something, and hug people I love. Elliott and Fiona cried their way through some bottles of thawed milk at home. He sent me this picture as reassurance as I asked for correspondence hourly. Day 2 is gonna be easier. I just know it. I think she looks like Irish royalty here, waking up from a nap on her imported fur and covered in her Ryan pattern blanket.
p.s. yes, that's the same outfit she wore yesterday. We're cultivating her baby smell. I'll make her wear it on the first day of high school.
No comments:
Post a Comment