We have a lot of people we love and we've seen most of them this week.
This includes Grandpa Dennis who had a birthday of significance which inspired great art work and venn diagram interpretations, meaning-filled cookies, and a gift of bees.
We picked up the 1940 Buick in Anacortes and ferried it across to Lopez.
This also included our friends Suzanne and Connie who escaped a crazy ice storm in the Colorado Rockies this past week and scared the poop out of us before rescuing themselves, but not before earning repetitive calls from Matt Lauer's associates.
Our new fence is awesome.
Thanks to Christian Haden and Matt Byrne (and not so much to Ridley, who nevertheless gets points for cuteness and usually not pooping inside), for pitching in with Elliott and to my mommy for babysitting extra hours while Elliott and I worked.
Cuteness continues:
We should have been dressing her in leggy warmers from the beginning.
Sorry, it's sideways.
More cuteness:
Another good night for football.
4-month shots suck worse than 2-month shots.
I held it together when I took her for the 2-month shots. But now she's much more aware and able to communicate her expectations and reactions with facial expressions like, "I thought you loved me!" and, "How could you let her stab me over, and over, and over?!", and "Will I ever be ok again?". She stared up at me, horrified and trapped in a silent and then extremely un-silent, red-faced scream, cried her way to the car in Elliott's arms, and then passed out in the car seat with her fists clenched and tears running down her cheeks.
Grammy's the funniest person around and got Fiona to laugh.
Somehow, one dose of tylenol and some initial crying later, while I was at my afternoon clinic, Grammy got her to laugh. What?! Today?! Alliteration was what got her, apparently: "Big brown bear biking backward" did it.
She's enormous!!!
We had our weigh-in this morning and she's leaped from the 3rd to the 12th percentile for weight and from the 20th to the 32nd for height. Whoopee! And our doctor called her, "Off the charts social" which we know but love hearing other people acknowledge.
When the milk runs out there are always books.
Good night!
1 comment:
That last picture is the cutest picture I've ever seen. My heart just exploded. Off the charts, social, FOR SURE! Come and be off the charts social with US!
Also, I totally read about your friends and didn't make the connection. (We've been reading a lot of Boulder news....) Did I meet them at your wedding? They totally look familiar. Ross's parents are fine but everyone's houses suffered water damage. But everyone's safe.
Kiss that Fiona for me.
Post a Comment