We'll open this entry with a dialogue between father and daughter regarding marmalade and Hosni Mubarak. She has also said, "Bruno" and "Olga", though we've made it clear to her that, though those are lovely names, we're not yet ready for a second child.
Oh hello, Grammy. A walk sounds lovely.
This sweet book, On the Night You Were Born, was a gift from Toni at the First Hill clinic. It has wonderful drawings and makes me choke up during most readings.
I had been reticent to run along sidewalks with the jogging stroller, thinking it would be too much of a hassle to stop at all the crosswalks and navigate the uneven ground, so we'd stuck to paved jogging paths in parks. But I was home alone after work and didn't want to bungee cord the darn thing to the roof; I just wanted to run. So off we went with Reycroft to the Arboretum, taking our sweet time and stopping at the Japanese Garden to stretch. I got back to the house feeling a new level of freedom. She got back feeling pretty tuckered out and cozy.
Playing with fingers and toes. She's been grabbing her toes and looking pleased every time she finds them still close by and attached. "Don't mind if I do!"
Yesterday Fiona and I went for a hike up the middle fork of the Snoqualmie with the Tillepikes. Tobias kept Haven occupied with an endless supply of naturey bits placed between his scapulae.
Fiona pooped in the woods and was greatly satisfied with the whole operation. This fantastic Vitruvian baby-on-the-go pad folds up with its pockets full of everything a poopy baby needs. It's made by Patemm and was a present from Kendra and Stin. Totally recommend it. You may also notice that our washable dirty diaper bag has been transformed into an only-very-slightly-stinky pillow.
Asleep for the descent and no longer needing the infant insert.
Haven wore the little polka dot/giraffe number last August at the Boustead crab-bake-turkey-fry-drink-a-lot bash up on Similk Bay.
There's been a lot, a lot of smiling and talking this past week. And ONCE, when I was waking her up to feed in the middle of the night (that sounds crazy but it's necessary for maternal comfort), she woke up with a 4-syllable laugh. Oh, and I forgot to say that she rolled over again on my mom's watch and then rolled back again. Oh, the power!
Speaking of which, it's shaping up to be quite a football season, here in Seattle, and we're letting Fiona watch a little inspirational TV on Sundays. Thankfully gDiapers make a nice green cover.
Grammy found a Bumbo at Target so Fiona can do her exercises like Brandon Mebane and Emma Mizrahi.
Are they twins?! They must be twins.
She says, "If you can get a finger on it, you can get your hand on it, Golden. Work on your extension."
Couch acrobatics:
After the Seahawks game we walked up to Volunteer Park and played around for a while. It occasionally hits me really hard that my life changed wildly for the better when I met Elliott in that park not even three years ago. Now I'm nursing our daughter under the monument to Thomas Burke,
enjoying this beautiful sight,
having joyous little conversations together in the grass,
and stepping in only a very small amount of dog poo as I roll around filming outdoor tummy time.
Oh, and a year ago yesterday we found out I was pregnant!
Which means: Happy Anniversary, Matt and Nancy!



No comments:
Post a Comment