Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fall is here!

And we've been doing a lot of playing around here.  


Apparently, Elliott is playing Fiona like a bass.  

Is she laughing or choking?  A bit of both.  

Bundled up for a walk.  This pod-racer hat is getting pretty tight...


The video store wasn't open yet so we had a refreshing, sunny diaper change.  Looks fun.

Wednesday, Elliott took Fiona to baby college at Seattle Central Community College.  Several moms mentioned that one of their baby's favorite activities was tubby time.  Far from being a favorite activity, it's not really an activity that Fiona has experienced.  So Friday night, we did the unthinkable and washed our baby.  It was like the 4th time.  It went OK.  She smells good.  We'll keep working on it.  

She's really into food.  I'm not sure why she's wearing a dust mask on her head but Elliott's been doing a lot of sanding and varnishing.  I didn't really give her the sandwich but I did let her lick it.  She's also sucked on an apple core and rubbed her lips on an avocado.  I'm not sure we can hold out until 6 months...

Saturday night we had a bit of a friend bonanza, though the visits were too short.  
KP and Haven "Shark-Attack" Tillepike!  

Megan! (And that's Elliott and Boots talking Legos in the background)
The weather and Fiona's growth have combined magically into sweater season!  It's like my mom thought this through when she was knitting.  

Desmond and Duncan!

Sunday morning I ran the Run About the World 5K along the Cheshiahud trail from Gasworks Park to Lake Union Park.  It had been YEARS since I'd run a race and, though it was not what you might call a "runner's race" (someone was pushing twins and we did group warm-up aerobics to a nice woman counting in Mandarin and then Russian in the spirit of the language education fundraiser), I was super excited to run sub-7:30 miles and be the first woman finisher.  Fiona was looking foxy in her Alden and Oliver sweater.  

Then we went home and ate books instead of marinating on the Seahawks' loss.



Ain't she a round-headed vision in knitwear?

'Til next time.  xoxo.

No comments: