"Hear ye, hear ye," tooted the cherub.
Check out these thighs. She kept bracing her toe on the wall and knocking off a couple ounces.
She has a new running outfit that is crazy cozy.
We had a pizza party on Friday with 10 kids and 20 adults. Somehow it didn't feel crazed and partly that was because the kids played together so nicely. It was the first time I felt like Fiona was one of the kids and it seemed like they were all checking out the new member of the gang. We plopped her down on the blue mat and the big kids kinda grabbed at her sweetly, petting her head and letting her bat at their faces. Del (focused, sitting on the left) worked her way through a few books in the general vicinity.
Marlowe, recognizing that Fiona's social engagement had outlived her core strength, took on a supportive role towards the end of the night.
I think Fiona's head expanded that night. She was so interested in all these cool kids that she skipped her evening nap and still stayed up until 8:30.
Happy birthday, James! (Product placement by Cheerios.)
I think one of this week's projects is spatial manipulation. She's been looking at things from different angles lately.
We continue our quest for fatness, enlisting the help of the roommates whenever possible.
Butter!
When you add oil to several meals a day baby poops change. There have been some real doozies.
This was an emergency tubby.
Seattle had beautiful fall weather this weekend so, in between planting raspberry bushes, cutting down errant saplings, taking clothes to Goodwill, finishing stupid paperwork for NY medical licensure, painting the upstairs loft, and larding up the baby, we took some nice neighborhood walks.
Hat by Carol Cordy and sturdy, perfectly-fitting lavender sweater by Grammy.
Butcher paper tug-of-war.
Tonight my mom was over for dinner which was a delicious end-of-fellowship lentil dish gift from Raj, one of my wonderful nurse team-mates in the geriatric clinic. Elliott made a tasty and complimentary cabbage, carrot, and onion salad with a vinegar and dill dressing. There was nothing baby friendly about our dinner foods but we capped it off with play time.
Endless fun:
xoxo









1 comment:
Fiona is such a beautiful and happy baby! Since Jacob and Fiona are only 10 days apart, all of Fiona's growth and changes that I read about on your blog run parallel to what is also going on here with Jacob and I feel like I know her already. I have a feeling these two will become great friends when they meet some day. We have a bare bones photo blog (www.hibabyjacob.blogspot.com) that we've been infrequently updating. Hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment