Sunday, March 2, 2014

Moved in: photo bonanza

Oh my gosh, we've been low on time and internet connection so let's do a photo purge.  The big updates: I love my job and I'm psyched to go to Albany for some health care lobbying tomorrow.  We're trying to buy the house next door to my mom (what?!) so, even though it feels great to be pretty darn moved in to the new place, we haven't hung any art and may move again in a month; I'll field questions off-line...  I'm swimming in gratitude that my husband is not an operating system.   Fiona is evolving leaps and bounds and seems not to mind what we consider "upheaval" and acts like the world surrounds her with love, exciting challenges, and great food options.  I guess those things are true, which reminds me that, despite my personal sense of upheaval, we're being great parents.  We're in love with each other and this little girl and that feels wonderful.  

OK, she's discovered music and it's SO FUN.  Thanks to Kerry for the pink piano opportunity and the photo.  


This is from last week.  She's gotten even more expressive.  So fun.  Sometimes she hums as she plays like a Tuvan throat singer.  

She tired herself out tooting the horn on the way to Target and slept through most of the experience.  Lucky girl.  We bought a shower curtain and a butter dish.  Whoop-dee-frickin-doo.

We moved in to the Cobb St house last Friday, 9 days ago.  The week prior we had a bunch of good fun with cousins hanging at my mom's.  Here she is on the futon with my old panda and Khikho.  Can you tell which is which?

We had a good interpretive dance session.  



And some good chilling.  

We finished painting the house that week.  

And the carpet people finally showed up and covered up the linoleum upstairs.  Who has linoleum bedrooms?!

Pinecone carpet!  So comfy and cozy.  


So soft...

We attempted to go for a "nice, long walk" from the house on the close trails, but DAMN, was it cold.  Fiona cried and we turned around after a mile.  It's been a really cold, windy month.  History suggests this will improve but I'm having doubts.  


OK, we moved in!  This is Elliott's onesie sweater.  It snaps under the crotch and looks like an easter egg.  I've been waiting to see our kid in this since way before there was a kid.  

Books and toys!

One of many lickable window-sills in the house.

Cruising is our new trick.  Amazing to me that she's much better at this two days later.  Baby brains are crazy!

First Ithaca Bakery bagel.  It took her half an hour to gum a quarter of it.  

MacKenzie Childs froggy bib.  Thanks, CB!

We decided yesterday morning that we had been too productive and needed some family fun time.  So we rocked an Ithaca family day.  We started off with a delivery and delivery of a functional washing machine which doesn't suck in sewage, so that was nice.   We almost stopped for the day since that's hard to top but made it to the Sciencenter.  I'm so glad we did.  It was great.  

Matching faces of Rube Goldberg appreciation.

Then we went to the new and awesomely improved Ithaca Beer Company brewery for a pint and a pizza in beautiful sun.  I couldn't pull her off this crust once she attached like a lamprey.

This is water.   I love these people.  

I'm getting up at 4 to go to Albany so let's call it a night.  xoxo.

No comments: