Well, we're well into our 4th week in Ithaca. It may be a rude awakening when Fiona realizes we're moving houses... again. I'm sure she thinks we just live with my mom. Because we do. Tomorrow we get our post-project lead inspection. Thursday we get carpet. Thursday night we sleep in our bed in our bedroom and Fiona sleeps in her crib in her room. Dare I hope? I dare.
Look, more tubbies! We got gastro. We had a couple days of epic blow-outs and pukes without warnings. We tried to keep both Fiona and Grammy hydrated. Fiona was easier to monitor since we couldn't find Grammy's fontanelle.
Look more snow! We've gotten two really good dumpings in the past couple weeks. Fun. Though I had to beg off work once, pick my nurse practitioner colleague up from a ditch once, and considered spending the night in Romulus on the way home once. The cars are doing great and, since we haven't gotten our butts to the Y yet, I'm kinda grateful for the shoveling.
For a quick change of scene, we took a night off house prep and had a sleep-over in Aurora with my dad and Catherine on Saturday. Fiona figured out how to play catch and I felt inexplicably thrilled. She kicked her legs with total delight with each roll back and forth. It feels like the dawning of an era of playing together.
And now there is double cousin awesomeness for distraction. Fiona is actually so taken with Eliza and Ainsley that she may not eat until they go home at the end of the week. Ainsley and Eliza certainly eat, though. They each ate 4 monster tacos for dinner and I think Eliza stored a fifth up her camouflage sleeve.
I haven't said much about work but it's shaping up to be really great. I feel really good about my colleagues, there's a healthy dose of feeling a real community need for our services in terms of untended chronic illness and a need for basic health education, it's exciting to be in a small-enough and new-enough system that I can find a comfortable leadership role, and it feels great to be home in the Finger Lakes finally practicing my trade.
Oh, and my commute brought me across the albino deer of the military enclosure by Geneva.
Let's end with a very satisfying dump run: the old carpet, the weird junk from the basement, the mostly dead bat from the attic (didn't take up much space), the lead-covered shutters... all gone.
xoxo




No comments:
Post a Comment