Saturday, April 16, 2016

Birthdays, a new cousin, a saved table, swim champs, and a bloody turtle.

Happy 9-month birthday, dear boy (3 days late)!
What a joy. 

And THIS kid is having swimming breakthroughs this month!
She's been swimming without help with a couple noodles under her armpits and hopping around and blowing bubbles at her Y classes.  
I cried in the pool last week I was so proud. 
Bubble bravery photographed.

For my birthday Elliott restored and picnified this beautiful table which had been our kitchen table growing up.
After a couple sad decades out in the elements it has been reclaimed by love, a phrase I could use of myself thanks to this dear man. 

Primping Pop with her new hairbrush from Aunty Kerry.

Pretzel Party and Anngel and Delia's.
Sam was particularly fond of Steve. 

And enjoyed reading with Leora and... with a bag on his head.

I hadn't played on the BJM/Central Elementary playground in... 28 years?
It was pretty darn fun. 


We made a quick break for the Sciencenter to learn about horseshoe crabs...

and snakes...

and meet some new/old friends!

Was this the same day??
Playing with Thomson and Thompson. 

They have really tasty dirt.

 The biggest news in the galaxy is a new cousin in Seattle.
Enormous congratulations and love to Tess and Mike and baby Ramsey!
Fiona still insists his name is Tommy.
We have until August to break the news.

After Music Together with Zach we stayed on for Sam's first formal music lesson.  Thanks, Kerry. 

Home life:



Watering some new grass between our house and Grammy's. 

He's a natural.

After swim classes this morning Fiona and I went to the Tough Turtle, a great fundraiser for the Ithaca Children's Garden.
While I was waiting in (a really short) line to register her a nearby mom said to her 3 kids, "Ready, set, go!" and Fiona BOLTED out of line and ran faster than I've ever seen her down some garden maze and into big wicker structures, through dangling swim noodles, and into a tunnel buried in hay bales.  I never got back to pay so we'll have to send them a check of gratitude. 

Storming the mud with the big kids.

Just after this she ran onto the top of the giant cement turtle and bit it off a wall, smacking the side of her head against jagged cement.  Beautifully she cried immediately but then a blossom of red started pouring down her scalp.  The centered little thing gave me an earnest, "Yes" when I asked, "Really, are you OK?" so we made our way to the kind folks of Bangs Ambulance.  
After some sterile water, gauze, and ice pack from EMT Mike she said, "Can I do another obstacle?".  Be still my competitive heart.

Rocking the tire challenge. 

Retaking the turtle.
Who's the boss now, Turtle!?

I'm making this one extra big so you can see the caked blood as she eats her recovery meal.  

Planting pea plants with Pop.

Off for his first bike ride with Elliott down to Stewart Park to meet the Hollands-Alarys (Alaries?).
Soon after this was taken the helmet slipped over his eyes and covered his view the whole way there.  That's why he was crying.  The whole way there.  
It's really hard to find a helmet for babies. 
Recommendations welcome.  

They made it!

When Fiona woke up we went to find them.
Where's Mom?

Found!


Thanks, Auntie Karen.  
You made the blog.
Welcome back, Sunshine!

No comments: