Saturday, April 2, 2016

We can see the whole world.

 Many remarkable things occurred at Kerry and Ross and Saia and Emma's house recently.
First off: a lithe, furry creature who doesn't talk (but poops in the bathtub) and stays JUST out of reach was stalking about. 


 Then, oh my lordy: THIS!
(No idea what they're looking at but nice pancakes!)

Then my great grandmother showed up on a zebra. 

 Amazing!

Then Emma told some lies and her nose grew.
Super weird night.

Take a breath.  
The sun rose and things went back to normal.


Except that wolves and elephants are now friendly. 


And this little baby is trying to walk.


A couple days later, in gluten withdrawal, we had another pancake party.
Teak taught Sam about tolls for tunnel use.

Karen as jungle gym/wailing wall/teething ring.

I can't beLIEVE there's another chicken in this house!

We got three bonus Ryans last week!

Frodo and Galdalf did some exploring.

Morning art with Grandpop trumps on-time arrival to toddler school.

I've decided to nurse Sam until he goes to public kindergarten, though I know from experience that he won't smell this good or submit to my aggressive snuggling for much longer.  I just want to keep listening to him snarfle away at my breast and sinking my lips into this cheek until I die.  Though, as an aside, Fiona is in a wonderfully snuggly phase.  We get lots of butterfly and Eskimo kisses, lots of "one more snuggle" requests at bedtime, real monkey hugs with limb wrapping... it's delicious.

These handsome gents are still putting themselves out there on the dating sites for a nanny a couple days a week until May.  Here they are working on a jingle for their upcoming WSKG spot.

Side plank with a smile.

A cozy early Easter in Aurora

Back to Casey, the hair doctor, for a combable bob.

After my performance with the Ithaca Concert Band up at Ithaca College Fiona got to press the valves of a tuba (her favorite), twirl on the conductor's podium in Ford Hall, and try out an immense gong.  "Dance to the music!"

Inspired by her percussion experience:

Beached in the Duplos.

Sam is such a good person.  So happy and ready to connect.  To people or to food items.  

I adore these people.

After dinner tick-baiting.

Are you watching me floss?

I'm an Easter egg.  I'm an Easter egg.  

No wait, SAM's an Easter egg.  Look at him!  He's an Easter egg with legs.  And he's playing with Easter eggs. 

Wardrobe courtesy of Dennis and Trixie Ryan. 



We got some Swiller lovin' for Easter this year and Fiona and Josiah rocked the egg hunt at Grammy's house. 


Fiona wanted to show Otis the little doggie she found.

Assessing loot.

Sharing loot. 

Looks like kind of an oral holiday. 

Enjoying a whip-cream-topped waffle in the sun after a fine morning hunt.

To the cul-de-sac for some recreation!





It's snowing as I write this but we've had a string of beautiful days and spent one evening picnicking at Stewart Park.  For Sam this meant having pre-chewed burrito parts blindly shoved near (but not necessarily in) his mouth while strapped to my chest.  It gets better.  

Side plank with pretzel. 



Diane Keaton puts an elephant to sleep.

Taking some friends for a walk in the dirt pile.

"Look, Pinky and Purply, we can see the whole world."
(That's Grammy's house on the left.)

No comments: