Saturday, October 1, 2016

Seattle, Lopez, Fennel, Triathlon, so many good people! The poor, neglected blog...

These are totally out of order and I'm not willing to fix it.
We had a wonderful long week in Seattle and then on Lopez with friends and family. 
That was about a month ago...

Sam is a domestic god

and Fiona a goddess, blissfully crafting our friends' pears into tartlets in her whale apron.
Her gimlet is hidden in the toaster oven. 

We got a puppy.  

Well my MOM did but then she left it with us and we took it to Aurora where Catherine fell in love. 

But Fiona inSISted on taking him home again.

Fennel came with us to the pick-your-own farm and played in the dirt for fun!
Look at that sweet big sister assistance.  
Fennel is impressed, don't you think?

"Does this dust make me look ghostly?"


Big friend carefully jumping in bounce house. 

Rebekah and I did a triathlon in Canandaigua.  I hadn't done one in 12 years (13?) and Rebekah hadn't done one at all.  We rocked it.  And this time, in contrast to 2004, I neither cried nor wet my pants when I finished.  I was a bit slower but hey, a woman's gotta have goals for next year.



Basking in the glory of painting cards for Grandma Nan and Grandpop and Grammeg and Grammy.  So many good people to celebrate!


Modeling Fiona's wolf-cum-King Rat head.

A bit more regal.

Fennel wrestling. 

Synchronized awesomeness.

Belly button.

Fennel, don't bite the sheriff's tutu!

Catherine's restored childhood pedal car with handsome model.

Handsome models. 

Woodland Park zoo with a bear and Fiona silhouetted.  
So cool. 

Communing with relatives. 

Wandering the green spaces of Ballard.

Using every single toy in Nico's house.  Thanks, Julianne and Ron!

Ain't he dreamy?



Aahhh, made it to the island. 

Applying some kind of natural salve to a stinging nettle at Iceberg Point.

Directors of game night.  


Roof panorama.  So beautiful. 


Preparing to protect Ramsey from an epic flood.  Or was it a hurricane?  Or perhaps just Sammy's aggressive cousin hugging. 

OK, Fiona and Josh, look like rooves!



Fiona and I ground up a piece of charcoal in a shell and Elliott painted her a wolf face with a feather.
This pleased Sam.

Contemplative beach wolf with honeydew.

Grazing the Lopez lands and eating blackberries like a bear. 
(This went surprisingly well.)

Testing all the apple trees.

Ring around the greenhouse. 

Hugging in the gloaming. 

Imparting oral history.


Waking up Uncle Casey.




Cocktail hour learning.

Island haircut!
Since they share the same favorite color (purple) this was an easy relationship with lots to talk about.

Grandpop's outdoor tubby was a smashing hit with the under 4 crowd. 



We had a couple spare hours before our plane boarded so stopped by Volunteer Park playground and found Nancy and Evie!  They live in Vermont so this is strange.  But so very wonderful. 

Back on the homefront drinking and driving.


And snuggling in with Grammy.
Aaahhh, home.

OK.  NEXT time I won't let it go so long.  

No comments: