Happy 3rd birthday Fiona!
Heck of a party.
She went to sleep under her new purple canopy saying, "It's sad to say goodbye to this day. I ate four pieces of cake. And I really liked my presents."
For the record, that is NOT a penis cake.
It sure does look like it, though...
It's a King Rat. With ears and a big nose.
With purple frosting.
And a crown.
We did not make a penis cake.
The helmet is finally starting to fit...sort of.
First overnight friend date since July. Eek, is that true?
Lake Street Dive at Ommegang was outSTANding.
I only drank water, as you can see.
Don't worry children, we won't defenestrate you.
Ponce de Leon, exploring the wilderness for the fountain of youth. I think he found it.
Hanging on Grammy's back deck. They call it a poop deck for some reason.
"Ask me why!" says Sam.
Runners looking tough at the Ithaca Festival Parade.
A mile is a long way to run at three, even if your mom carries you part of the way.
"Sam can ride in here."
One out of three is pretty good.
I've caught the imp!
Poopin' in the shade. Hot day at the Fall Creek playground.
Happy times, relaxing with Grammy.
Bubble and squeak in Aurora.
A couple cool cats.
Inspecting a shell with Grandpa Rick's OED magnifying glass.
Reminds me of Tell Me a Mitzi
Visiting the Queen of Duncastle!
Strolling side-by-side
Taking the 1820 Simsbury House by storm.
The King Rat and The Queen of Duncastle are starting a series of workout videos.
Taking a break from hide-and-seek to practice penmanship.
Straight from the Castle to the Green River Moat!
We got a beat-it-up piano! Finally!
Thanks to Kerry for finding and testing it and Rebekah and Lee for helping haul it home!
The end of school brought Spirit Week at Montessori capped off with International Clothing Day.
Our little Turk was quite pleased with herself and even got compliments from real Turks!
Chilling in the new grass.
GARDEN BED TIME!
This weekend's project made me inordinately excited.
Last year, 8 months pregnant with a massive fibroid squishing my sacral nerves I couldn't pull out a dandelion without spasming. Now I can't stop moving rocks. Just because I can.
She's only 12 feet away.
She's kinda small to start with.
Not a fan of loud noises, Fiona found some ear protection while Elliott used the table saw.
This project elicited a variety of feelings.
Feelings are such real things and they change and change and change.
"Stop, Pop. I need to checker it first."
(Checkering seems to involve tracing Sanskrit letters into the cedar with a wood chip.)
While we were busy, Sam ate potting soil.
Cute > Helpful
Some sprinkler relief after a hot afternoon.
Lovely and soaking wet.
Fiona's peas are peaing!
And we spent $16.40 at Early Bird Farm to fill this puppy.
What, no picture of Murielle?!
But it was her graduation party!
Well, here's Fiona with Day Lily and Chocolate on her face, smiling at Kerry.
So gentle and loving (wait for it...)
Having emerged from the woods in a thoughtful daze, she handed Elliott two wild strawberries and a flower, harvested during her first day of Primitive Pursuits camp.
Tomorrow they skin a lynx and orienteer their way to Freeville.





























No comments:
Post a Comment